Wednesday Night Movie NIght

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 |

Wednesday night is Movie Nite.  Dinner is at 5:30 like usual and the movie will be starting at 7:00pm.  I know I have somewhat of a "reputation" for selecting, lets say, interesting movies.  Now I had never seen Buckaroo Bonzai before I played it on the Elevate Bus.  All i knew was it was listed on Amazon's top 100 cult films of all time, it has some very famous actors in their early careers, and it looked bazaar.  To this day I still haven't seen the entire film.  I watched parts on the bus and fell asleep, and I was determined to watch it when I got home, but to be honest have never had the desire.  As for Shaolin Soccer, that movie just rocks.  And not just by my standards.  On RottenTomatoes.com it is ranked as 92%.  The new Batman is only 94% and Transformers was rated at 57%. And this site is the opinion of hundreds of critics.  So if you didnt like like Shaolin Soccer, then you apparently do not like art, because that film is cinematic art at its finest. 
But what movie are we watching on Wednesday.  This is a film I have seen many times, and a film that is amazing for so many reasons.  It has a cast of actors that most everyone will recognize, and is cinematic gold from beginning to end.  It has adventure, tragedy, love, laughter, and the pursuit of the little guy.  If you pay attention to this film, you will be quoting lines from it for a long time, I know this whole week that is what I have been doing!  So see you wednesday night, and dont worry, there will be snacks for all...

Labels:

Post written by: Evan Liewer at 6:20 AM
Leave a Comment